Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Transformation 517 Journey




Transformation 517 Journey

Why “Transformation 527”?

2 Corinthians 5:17 -- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

I started this journey mid-February of this year (2016), so this is my 6-month check-in & check-up.

God is making me NEW! He has great plans for my life. Once I finally saw that I couldn’t do this alone…I started transforming.  Not just physically either!  I would say that you can only see it physically, but too many people have let me know they see the grown SPIRITUALLY and MENTALLY too!

I am more BOLD since I started this journey. I am putting each step of this transformation journey out there for the world to see. Why? Because it’s not just about me.  GOD is #1 in this journey and I have to keep that in prospective. When I start thinking about what I am doing…I remember it’s not me. Without GOD, I could NOT do any of this.  I do not have the strength, the patience, the ability, or the motivation to do this without HIM.

I have learned so much about myself IN God through this.  I CAN do much more than I ever thought possible…because with Him…ALL things are possible.

Sometimes, I do find myself over-doing it though. I have found myself injured and hurting a couple of times. And that comes from MY stubbornness…not God.  I am a Christian…but I am still human and hard headed at times.  Lol It’s hard for me to stop when I start something. Like the 5k. I was half way through…so I wanted to finish. Sometimes, I guess, BOLD can be too bold. And it’s ok. I dealt with it and God loves me just as much as if I didn’t still have that stubborn streak. Plus, I know my Heavenly Daddy has a sense of humor…so He just shakes his head at me sometimes.

He also knows that stubborn steak of mine and likes it many times. He knows that He will be able to USE that for HIS glory and use it to keep me going…especially when I feel like giving up. He will be able to use it when He needs me to help someone who doesn’t think they need it. I will be their friend…good, bad, indifferent. Until they see they can trust me.  Yes, stubborn can be good sometimes.

So…about my journey. There are things it IS and things it IS NOT…

What it is NOT…

  •  It is NOT just about physical weight loss

It’s as much spiritual and mental as it is physical. I have lost just as much “spiritual/mental” weight as I have physical.

  •  It is NOT a magic pill, magic shot, gimmick, or diet.

It’s hard work, dedication, eating nutritiously (80% of the time  lol), and exercise

  • It’s NOT just about me.

I started out doing this for me. But it didn’t take long before I KNEW I couldn’t do it alone. I definitely had to let God in! I want all that I do…all of my movements…ALL of it to glorify HIM. I want to help others the way that He is helping me. I want to be able to share what He has done and help others learn the same!

  •  It is NOT about looking good, getting skinny, wearing cute clothes, etc.

YES…all of those things are GREAT side effects of my weight loss.  But I am doing this to be HEALTHY. To be WHOLE. To find the REAL me.  Not the me that feels she isn’t good enough. I am finding who I am in CHRIST! When I know WHOSE I am…I can love MYSELF. And I do, now. Granted, I might not always like me…but I do LOVE me, now!

What it IS…

This Transformation Journey is so much more than words can describe! It is learning about ME. It is learning about GOD. It is learning about nutrition. About health. About my body. About what I can do…and even what I can’t. For at least right now.  It’s about seeing where God is leading me and seeing new dreams come to life. It’s about God moving me way outside of my box and making me see myself as HE wants me to see me. It’s about knowing WHO I belong to.

It’s about knowing that because of who I belong to…I can do ALL things through Christ. Yes…there are things that I can’t do, physically, at the moment. But in my mind, I CAN…and because of that…I believe that I WILL. I DO believe in healing….and I believe that sometimes it’s instantaneous and sometimes it comes in time.  I DO know that God has healed me in many ways. Especially emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Even physically. I have a way to go on all accounts…but much of that’s on me and how that stubbornness thing works.  But I KNOW that I know that I know that -- I AM HEALED!

Right now, I can use the dis-abilities and un-abilities that I have to help others that think they can’t do it because of their own disabilities. What satan tried to use for harm…GOD is just turning around and using for GOOD and HIS glory! And that is one thing I want to do…help others that think they can’t. I know they can. Why? Because I didn't think that I could...but I CAN and I AM. God has been there each step of the way!

So, sure, you can see that weight loss is a big part of this journey…but it’s not the ONLY part…or the biggest part. And it’s way more than physical! <3

Thank you for all of your encouragement, prayers, and inspiration. It helps keep me going on the days that I don’t feel like moving. God is AWESOME and will definitely NOT let me give up! He keeps moving me forward!






No comments:

Post a Comment