Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Forgiven

Day 28: Bold in the Soul ~ Revelation Wellness - Healthy & Whole

FORGIVENESS~
to stop feeling angry or resentful toward someone for an offense, flaw, or mistake.

In my life, I have had to learn to forgive myself just as much as I have had to learn to forgive others. Words and actions from others toward me...they ended up making me dislike myself so much. I judged myself and never really loved myself. I was always self-conscious and calling myself fat and ugly. I would get mad at myself for no reason and when I made mistakes, I put myself down.

I didn't always do it in front of people...sometimes it was just between me and God. There were times I wanted to kill myself. I remember a time as a teenager I had my car at a riverbank, ready to drive into the river. The only thing that kept me from doing it was God. At the time, I thought it was other things that kept me from doing it...but looking back, I know it was God. He had much greater plans for me.

FORGIVENESS~ I have found it much harder to forgive myself for hurting myself...not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. I can much easier forgive others for the way they treat me and the things they say to me...but myself, that's the hardest.

Since starting my journey...I have started to see that I need to do this...and I have been doing it. I am starting to love myself. I see myself as beautiful. I am becoming bolder and not as shy. Yes, I am overweight...but I am fixing that. I did that to myself! I love God and I love ME~ I forgive ME! I make mistakes. I am not perfect and won't be until I reach Heaven. I say things I shouldn't...I do things I shouldn't...I think things I shouldn't. I don't always help when I should and I don't always listen when I should. But I am learning...I am growing...I am forgiving!

Through forgiveness of myself and others...God is healing me...inside out~

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#BoldInTheSoul #RevelationWellness #Forgiveness #LoveYourself #ILoveMe #IForgiveMe #IForgiveYou




No comments:

Post a Comment