Sunday, June 12, 2016

Overcomer

Day 12: Bold In The Soul ~ Revelation Wellness - Healthy & Whole

Overcome: to conquer; defeat: to overcome the enemy.
to overcome one's weaknesses.

I usually make sure my belly is covered. Don't want anyone to see it. Not only because of the stretch marks, but also because of size. But I am ME. I am also changing ME. For the better! It's not about being "little" or "skinny" for me. Sure, I am excited for that...but for me...it's about being healthy and being where God intends for me to be!

God did NOT make me this way. I made me this way through a lifetime of not taking care of my body. A lifetime of bad eating and not exercising. A lifetime of shame...and trying to eat my way out of it. NO MORE! Yes, I am still getting used to all of this...but I am actively working on it. God is with my and getting me there.

By far, this is the most difficult photos I've posted for this challenge, so far. Why? I've always been shy and I have also been ashamed of my body. I am getting over each one, day by day. It's not easy...but I AM an OVERCOMER!

I have overcome many things in my life. I didn't have the easiest life growing up. Lots of different reasons. I didn't have a lot, but I did have love. But moving around a lot, being overweight, being poor, being shy, and being smart...well...it didn't make life easy. Because of all of that, I was bullied. It still impacts me today, though I am finally overcoming it and realizing that I am ME. I AM beautiful and so is my body.

Stretch marks? I have had a beautiful daughter that helped get those. She was worth each and every one. I have also had to deal with medications that brought on stretch marks. Made them much worse.

I have, I am, and I will OVERCOME!

One of my favorite songs by Mandisa:
"Everybody's been down
Hit the bottom, hit the ground
Ooh, you're not alone
Just take a breath, don't forget
Hang on to His promises
He wants You to know

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer

The same Man, the Great I am
The one who overcame death
He's living inside of You
So just hold tight, fix your eyes
On the one who holds your life
There's nothing He can't do
He's telling you"

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

#BoldInTheSoul #RevelationWellness #Overcomer #ICAN #IWill #IAm




No comments:

Post a Comment